11/2/15

Music Mondays 5-Unusual Music for the Adventurous

Last playlist I unintentionally took a route down the pathway of songs that pretty much everyone knows.  I never really know where a playlist is going to go when I start it one song kinda just leads the next and before you know it the playlist kinda forms itself and how it flows together.

Anyways today I wanna pick some songs that are, well not your typical song that you would hear on the radio and that is for one classic reason..most of them are not in English.  Now if you are from one of these countries where these languages are spoken or you yourself speak these languages then I'm sure it may be a different story but these aren't things that you would typically hear on the radio in the United States.

Now let me start off by saying there are probably a few of you out there who are like songs in a different language that I don't speak? Yeah, I'll pass and there was a point in time where I totally thought that too but then I found the first song on the list and it kinda went from there. I know that this list is going to be shorter then some of the other ones but hopefully you won't mind

The first song on my list is the song Kveikur (not to be confused by their album of the same name) by Sigur Rós.  Its kinda a heavy sounding song which with this band I am totally into.  This was the first song, or one of the first songs, that I heard by them and to this day it is my favorite.

Sticking with Sigur Rós the next song is one that I found not that long ago from the comments on a Kveikur video.  Now one thing about this song is everyone seems to know it from The Walking Dead or Assassin's Creed.  Disclaimer I do watch The Walking Dead but I honestly have no memory of it being in the show and I don't play Assassin's Creed so I don't know about that either!.

Next on the list we are going to drop to something lighter and go with La Vent Du Nord.  They are a Quebec band and last year I got to see them live! I'm suggesting the song Tour à Bois.

Next up is Andro by Faun.  The bagpipes are seriously what made me fall in love with this song, also shout out to one of my friends that listens to Faun and is the reason that I looked them up!!

Thats all for today hope you enjoyed!

XOXO
Elizabeth